Jobs at Flexibits
Do you love Fantastical or Cardhop and want to help make our apps even better? We're hiring!
Join our team!
We work remotely across the US, Europe (UK, Germany, and Portugal), and the British Virgin Islands, and welcome anyone from around the world 🌎. We prefer candidates that are in time zones between US Pacific Time and Central European Time.
Here is how to apply
Interested in our open jobs? Email us and tell us a bit about yourself, your salary expectations, why you’re interested in working with us, and include your résumé. Full time positions include reimbursable health insurance plan expenses and a 401(k) if you're in the US.
Mac & iOS
What you'll be working on
We’re a small company, so you’ll be on the front lines creating apps that real people use every day. You'll be adding new features to Fantastical and Cardhop, as well as hunting for bugs and helping to keep everything running smoothly for our users. Areas you'll be working on include UI/UX development, databases, networking (including CalDAV, Exchange Web Services, and other APIs), and more – across macOS, iOS, and watchOS.
Other things you'll enjoy
- Working on an app lots of people rely on and love (and you can make them love it even more!)
- Traveling to a fun place occasionally for in-person team meetings (when it becomes possible again)
Skills and requirements
- Full time (40 hours a week)
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own (we're remote, and we trust you to do an awesome job!)
- Previous experience working remotely helps, but isn’t required
- Effective at communicating both in real-time and asynchronously
- Working reading and writing proficiency in English
- Comfortable and proficient using Git, including command-line knowledge of Git
- Proficient in Objective-C and C (we write Objective-C and a little Swift)
- At least a year of experience with AppKit and UIKit
- Willing and able to jump in to different parts of an app and learn something new, whether it is building a beautiful UI, making optimizations to a database backend, or communicating with REST APIs
- Thinking about when to make the tradeoff between "getting it done" and "doing it right" (even if you don't get it right all the time)
- A critical eye for detail in UI/UX and a desire to always try to improve things for the user
- Proactive and always looking for ways to make things better
- If you already use and love Flexibits apps, even better!