I’ve upgraded from Fantastical 2. What happens to the features I paid for?
All of your features from Fantastical 2 are automatically available and do not require a Flexibits Premium subscription. This only applies to existing Fantastical 2 customers.
Mac Users: In order for Fantastical to activate your prior purchase you need to download Fantastical from the same location you originally purchased it from (either directly from our website or the Mac App Store). Otherwise Fantastical will not unlock your Fantastical 2 features.
If you purchased Fantastical 2 for Mac directly from our website (you have a Fantastical 2 license code) then you need to download Fantastical 3 directly from our website.
If you are using the version from our website, you can enter your Fantastical 2 license by clicking 'Fantastical' in the Menu bar > Enter License. This will not work with the Mac App Store version.
If you originally purchased Fantastical 2 for Mac on the Mac App Store then download Fantastical on the Mac App Store. Make sure you're signed in to the same Apple ID you used to make your previous purchase of Fantastical 2. Fantastical will automatically detect your previous purchase from the Mac App Store and make the existing features available.
Note: You will only receive the features that were available on the previous app you purchased. For example: Fantastical 2 for Mac had calendar sets, but Fantastical for iPhone did not.
There are also new features available for free to existing Fantastical 2 users:
- New: 3 day weather forecast (powered by AccuWeather)
- New: Full task support including Todoist and Google Tasks
- New: Parser autocomplete recommendations for invitees, locations, calendars, and task lists
- New for iOS: Apple Watch syncs over Wi-Fi and LTE, even if your phone isn't nearby (requires creating a free Flexibits account, but no Flexibits Premium subscription is needed)
- New for iOS and iPadOS: Improved invitee support. Add your calendar accounts directly to Fantastical and receive and respond to invitations as well as G Suite and Exchange invitee lookup
- New for macOS: Fantastical can now run in the background (receive notifications and sync even when Fantastical isn't running) and the mini window can now run over other full screen apps
- New for macOS: Support for attachments on Google Calendar events
- New for iPadOS: Full screen day, week, month, and year views
- New: Universal app on iOS and iPadOS - If you are an existing iPad user, please download the new Fantastical from the App Store and your existing features will be made available